This is a multi-agency team to protect children against child exploitation. The Shield team aims to work together with children, families and the community to offer a range of services to reduce the risk of child exploitation by the following methods:
- Conduct Child Sexual Exploitation criminal investigations, safeguarding investigations and intelligence development.
- Co-ordination and oversight of missing and child exploitation cases.
- Direct child sexual exploitation (CSE) / child criminal exploitation (CCE) specialist intervention with children and parents including Knowsley child looked after out of borough.
- Direct intervention for young people who go missing.
- Consultations on CSE/ CCE interventions.
- Working with care homes across the borough in relation to child exploitation and missing children.
- Operation Fairlop – outreach side of the team – training and presentations to schools, youth centres, colleges, professionals.