The service aims to prevent offending and reduce re-offending by:
- Listening to victims and supporting young people to right their wrongs, say sorry and mean sorry.
- Enabling young people and their families to take personal responsibility for their offending behaviour.
- Making sure that we understand the problem and that the right services are put in place at the right time to both reduce the risk of re-offending and keep everyone safe.
- Reassuring the public and increasing their safety by taking swift enforcement action as soon as the need is identified.
- Working together with communities helping to integrate young people back into the community.
- Employing the right people for the right job and ensuring that we continue to develop any new skills staff require.
- Ensuring that we use our resources responsibly by making sure we understand what works best.
Working in partnership with police, the National Probation Service and Health, Knowsley Youth Offending Service (YOS) has a statutory responsibility for the local co-ordination and delivery of youth justice services.